[mythtvnz] Hauppauge HVR4000 - Sat + Analog working.

Daniel Williams daniel.williams at orcon.net.nz
Mon Oct 1 01:19:04 BST 2007

 >> General Comments:
 >> Card co-exists fine with a Skystar 2, and a SAA7134 based card
(software
 >> capture).
 >> Having the system capture 4 channels at once (2 HW mpeg, 2 Software
 >> Mpeg4) leaves about 15% CPU idle on an AMD Sempron 3300+.
 >>
 >Hmmm. So the Analogue side of the HVR4000 doesn't have an MPEG-2 encoder
 >then?

Not that I know of (or at least not that seems to work/supported by the
linux drivers).  The HVR4000 isn't exactly that well documented as to
what works / howtos for linux.

 >Damn.. That is a real pain. If we are going to deal with HD H264 720p
 >playback of DTT we need a HW analogue card for Sky/UHF or there isn't
 >much grunt left.

As far as I know, there is only 1 MPEG encoder on the card, which is
shared between either DVB-S or DVB-T.  Also not sure what happens when
you tune DVB-T, whether the analog will still work.  Won't know until
there is a DVB-T signal to play with.

Daniel