[mythtvnz] Adding a HDD with existing myth directories

Criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Sat Nov 24 19:40:48 GMT 2007

Noel & Di wrote:
> I have built a replacement MythBox using Mythbuntu 7.01 (Tier 1 yaaay!)
> and want to add the HDD from the soon to be decommissioned Knoppmyth
> R5F27 box.  Any tips & tricks for this without reducing the WAF. (I
> intend to use only the recordings from the old driver & delete the OS)

Build the new one - test it and make sure its all good.  Copy some of the
recordings across to test.   You'll also need to export and import the
recordings database, else its just a bunch of files.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_from_0.18.1_to_0.19_on_Fedora_4_from_ATrpms#Create_a_backup_of_your_database
gives a few hints about backing up the database.

THEN move the recordings HDD to the new box and mount it over the
recordings directory, so that the files appear in the same place.  You
should reimport the recordings database again at this stage.

Then when its all done and dusted, use the old mythbox as a test platform.
Whether it should be a slave backend to the main system or not, I can't
comment.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/