[mythtvnz] Test DVB-T in Wellington up

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Nov 19 22:14:20 GMT 2007

On Tue, November 20, 2007 9:18 am, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Tim Boobyer wrote:
>> At 09:23 p.m. 19/11/2007, you wrote:
>>
>>> If someone has a dump of the DVB-T stream please let me know so I can
>>> play
>>> with it on myside in getting it decoded/playing properly. Size doesn't
>>> matter....
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> I'm uploading 3 clips (one of each of the streams) to my site
>> now.  They should all be up in about 25 minutes.  Be warned that
>> latest cvs/svn builds of mplayer, xine, and ffmpeg cannot handle them
>> yet.  They are however decoded fine by both PowerDVD & CoreAVC under
>> Windows so I believe my captures were fine.
>>
>> http://delicious.3hams.net/dvbt/
>>

> Tim - Many Thanks..
>
> I was able to get a frame to decode using MPlayer straight off SVN as it
> has the required PAFF support.
>
> I'll try and write up my tests and dump some images out later today.
>
> Are any of the streams running 720p at this stage as thats what TVNZ are
> planning on going live with.

Here are some screen shots taken with MPlayer dev-SVN-r25017-4.1.3 built a
couple of days ago.

I get a frame and then mplayer crashes

http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/clip1-sd.png
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/clip2-SD.png
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/hidef-HD.png

I also have an additional HD TVNZ stream.

http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/images/h264/tvone-HD.png

Now the 1080i streams are a little odd as they are native 1:1 1920x1080i
whilst in Europe they tend to transmit 16:9 flagged 1440x1080i.

Also I've heard that at the moment the test streams are actually being
generated on a PC rather than using the production encoders.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
sales   - sales at openmedia.co.nz