[mythtvnz] HD DVB-T tuner card recommendation

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Nov 14 03:36:08 GMT 2007

On Wed, November 14, 2007 3:16 pm, Kenneth Dixon wrote:
> You can download some sample 720p files from:
> http://www.h264info.com/clips.html
> If you want to test your machine.

The myPVR 2.0 test boxes are X2 3600. With mplayer 1.0RC2 we can do
parallel decoding of H264 and runs both cores at 75% for some of our test
files. Single core machines or single threaded playback just didn't cut
it.

At the moment MythTV can't take advantage of this but it should be in
future builds.

At the moment the test transmissions in WLG etc are being generated off
PCs rather than real H264 head gear so they aren't a correct
representation of what will eventually be transmitted.

Steve