[mythtvnz] HD DVB-T tuner card recommendation

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Nov 13 10:06:25 GMT 2007

Kenneth Dixon wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
> I looked further into it and found the Hauppauge WinTV
> Nova-T 500, which boasts dual dvb-t tuners one SD and one
> HD. It is available in Aus, and I think the hd tuner is to
> handle the increased bandwidth requirements of their full hd
> (1080p), but Im not sure on this.
> I shall investigate further.

First up OZ don't have 1080p

Secondly any decent DVB-T tuner will do HD. It is down to the software
rather than the hardware.

Hence the Nova-T 500 will give you two SD/HD DVB-T tuners here in NZ.

At the moment only the major channels 1/2/3 will be initially in HD with
channels like TVNZ6/7 etc in SD.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz