[mythtvnz] Detect missing schedule items

Duncan Kennington duncan.kennington at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 21:48:09 GMT 2007

On 13/11/2007, Toby Mills <toby at np.co.nz> wrote:

>  Even better would be better rules in myth such as.
>
>  Record anything at anytime where title contains (Dr or Doctor) and Who
>  Record anything on channel one where title contains "news"
>  Record anything on channel X, Y and Z where category is Comedy
>
>  Then from there it should give you a list of all programs that currently
> meet the criteria and you can manually exclude anything you don't want.
>
>  Now back to the real world :)

We should use Power search.  Use criteria like

UPPER(program.title) LIKE "D%R WHO%"

UPPER(program.title) LIKE "%NEWS%" and program.chanid in (1020,2003,4921)
-- I have three tuners and TV One is on those ids.  If you have MySQL
5, I think you could also do a sub-query:

UPPER(program.title) LIKE "%NEWS%" and program.chanid in (select
distinct chanid from channel where channum='1')

To get your chanids for X, Y, Z
select distinct chanid from channel where channum in ('2','3','4')
order by chanid;
+--------+
| chanid |
+--------+
|   1001 |
|   1002 |
|   1005 |
|   2001 |
|   2002 |
|   2004 |
|   4032 |
|   4920 |
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

program.category = 'Comedy' and program.chanid in
(1001,1002,1005,2001,2002,2004,4032,4920)

The guis in MythWeb and in MythTV itself are a little tricky to get
the hang of, but it's a worthwhile exercise to get the power of this
sort of search criteria.