[mythtvnz] Detect missing schedule items

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Mon Nov 12 19:40:08 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 07:40 +1300, Criggie wrote:
> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> > I currently run a filter on my EPG data before I hand it off to
> > mythfilldatabase which fixes the errors that I care about (and hopefully
> > noticed before the time!).  I was thinking about modifying this script
> > to fetch the rewrite rules from a website and then let people submit new
> > rules.
>
> Another idea for a talented person would be a script that consults the
> database, and checks to see if a repeated weekly program set to record is
> not a week afterwards, and sends an email or something to say
>
>          Hey, "Doctor Who" was recorded last week, but
>          this week its replaced by "Dr Who"

Actually, that sounds like it'd be really useful, and stop most of the
WAF reducing events.  It shouldn't be that hard to write either.

The only problem I can see is that I have a number of schedules that are
set to "record this whenever" and when the new season starts (like
Heroes) it just starts being recorded.  So the monitoring script would
have to keep a bit of state so it can track what is currently being
recorded.

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand