[mythtvnz] Three cards and I'm still getting problems!

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 05:22:02 GMT 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 5:33 PM, AlanP <alan.p at orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> I recently picked up another Skystar2 card for the Mythbox and, after some
> voodoo tinkering (it works in one PCI slot but not another -- go go shared
> IRQs), it records and everything.
>
> It doesn't do what I want, though.
>
> Bad ASCII art:
> 1:AAAAA|BBBBB
> 2:CCCCC|xxxxx
> 3:nothing
> where A== 3 News, B = Campbell Live, and C = Friends. 1-3 is the cards.
>
> The problem is that the 3 tuner setup isn't doing what I want. What I want is:
> 1:AAAAA|xxxxx
> 2:CCCCC|xxxxx
> 3:xxxxx|BBBBB
> so that the five minutes before and after each show go off properly. As
> matters stand, if the news goes late a bit, people wind up having to quit
> out of the news at the end and watch Campbell Live to see what the weather
> report is.
>
> I've got it set to disable "Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled
> shows."

Do you have each schedule set to record 5 mins past the end of the
programme? Surely then it would do what you want? On mine one tuner
mine refuses to record consecutive programmes if there is any overlap.
I am assuming (hoping?) that now I have a second card it will record
two separate programmes (with overlap) on separate cards.