[mythtvnz] Freeview Radio

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 01:01:50 GMT 2007

On 11/2/07, Dean Pemberton <dean at deanpemberton.com> wrote:

> Nope - but it's not just you.
>
> I get the same thing.
>
> Sometimes if I wait a while I can get VERY choppy sound coming through.
>

> Dean

Something is weird here. I now have the backend/frontend combination as well
as a new frontend on knoppmyth r5f27. I also have a frontend on my desktop
which is whatever was available on gentoo at the time of compiling it (
0.20-something).

The BE/FE combo is attached to the main TV and sound system, and I can't
hear anything from the radio stations.

The FE's can both hear the freeview stations, streamed from the BE/FE
computer.

The major difference soundwise is that the BE/FE combo has SPDIF out, which
plays every TV channel and video file, but I am guessing it somehow doesn't
like the audio from National Radio/Concert Programme.

The same can be said about playing recorded radio programmes, although they
WILL play via mplayer on the BE/FE combo using spdif out.

Very strange. Any ideas?

Nick.