[mythtvnz] Changes to hairy EPG feed

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 30 May 2007 09:56:24 +1200

On Wed, 30 May 2007 09:04:25 David Zanetti wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> To make things more stable, I've arranged a seperate DNS entry for EPG
> feeds. This DNS entry can be changed quickly so that if one or more
> feeds fails, we can redirect people hitting the feed to somewhere that
> works.
>
> This will make your feeds more reliable, for those getting feeds from
> one of the various DVB exports, like hairy.

Thanks to David for setting this up.

> If you are currently using hairy.geek.nz, you should change your scripts
> to point to:
>
>   http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/listings.xml.gz

You should also change to this from the nice domain.

> At present, both the hairy and nice.net.nz feeds are being presented on
> that URL, using DNS round robin. There are some differences in data
> output which should converge soon. (I'm currently not running imdb data,
> and nice is. Should be fixed soon! Honest!)

Just to clarify, the differences in data will not break anything, all the
XMLTV ids etc are the same. The only difference is that the nice data is
being augmented with data from the imdb.

Once I have some time available I will be cleaning up the beta epgsnoop script
that is being used for this and make it available online.

> If anyone runs into problems, post a note here or drop me a note below.
>
> Thanks!

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz