[mythtvnz] Changes to hairy EPG feed

David Zanetti mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 30 May 2007 09:04:25 +1200

--=-i9sC3aAGiBPA5bKZqWdX

Hi all.

To make things more stable, I've arranged a seperate DNS entry for EPG
feeds. This DNS entry can be changed quickly so that if one or more
feeds fails, we can redirect people hitting the feed to somewhere that
works.

This will make your feeds more reliable, for those getting feeds from
one of the various DVB exports, like hairy.

If you are currently using hairy.geek.nz, you should change your scripts
to point to:

  http://epg.pvr.geek.nz/epg/latest.xml.gz

At present, both the hairy and nice.net.nz feeds are being presented on
that URL, using DNS round robin. There are some differences in data
output which should converge soon. (I'm currently not running imdb data,
and nice is. Should be fixed soon! Honest!)

If anyone runs into problems, post a note here or drop me a note below.

Thanks!

--=20
David Zanetti <dave2@wetstring.net>
http://hairy.geek.nz/