[mythtvnz] EPG NZ howto - using the "nice" feed

Zane Gilmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 29 May 2007 23:31:07 +1200

Yippee,

It all seems to be going now.

What I did was what I threatened.

- I ran the scan thing on the connection part of myth-setup
- then went through the xml looking for the ID numbers of all of the
   channels that I have access to taking note of them
- then added them as the XML id number in the channel editor

I am now experiencing the EPG in all it's GUI goodness.

Now all I have to do is ensure that my cron job is reliable.

Thanks for the help

Next thing to suss out is the DVD player and writer.
I'll put that on another thread.

Nick Rout wrote:
  > Ooops sorry about that.

No worries,
all part of the fun :-/

> Yes, or you could insert the channel frequency into the freqid column
> using mythweb, or by inserting it with mysql.

errk sounds complicated and fraught with mistakes

> To reiterate, channum is like the number you push on the remote to go to
> that channel, freqid is the frequency the card tunes to.
>

> There is a description of the channel table here
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Channel_table, but a lot more
> detail here:
> http://www.cuymedia.net/doxygen-dev-docs/html/group__db__schema.html#channel_table

Will have a look but I think it is all moot now

Thanks again,
Zane