[mythtvnz] Lirc remote for Pace DSR2000 sky decoder

David Shepherd mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 29 May 2007 13:23:39 +1200

Steven Ellis wrote:
> David Shepherd wrote:
>
>> Steven Ellis wrote:

>>> It should work with the same Pace RC-30 config as the other Pace
>>> decoders..
>>> I'd be very surprised and interested if it doesn't.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> On closer inspection the remote is a RC-18 and sadly that it doesn't
>> work with the RC-30 config.  I also tried RC-10, RC-17 and RC-24.
>> None of these work either.  I can see the light flashing on the
>> decoder when I try to send a change channel command so I know the lirc
>> driver and hardware is working.  It worked fine with my old Motorola
>> decoder.
>> I've looked on http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/pace/ and also
>> through Google for the RC-18 config but can't find anything.  Not
>> quite sure what to try next.  Anyone got any suggestions?
>>

> I've just hit the same problem with a customers Pace DSR 600 unit where
> the normal RC-30 config isn't working. I have a serial receiver I can
> use irrecord against so I borrowed their remote to check the problem.
> The remote doesn't mention RC-18 or RC-30 on the base, but inside the
> battery unit there is "RC 2707/00".
>
> Anyhow I've just tested the unit and it is producing the Pace RC-30 codeset.
>
> The IR Blaster units were tested on a Pace DSR-600 unit at another
> customer with no issue, so I'm wondering if the STB itself is faulty. I
> tried the units that come with MCE remotes, as well as 4 different units
> I ordered from irblaster.info.
>
> David - If you can spare your remote for a couple of days I'm more than
> happy to try and repeat this with your unit.
>
> So has anyone else seen this sort of problem with Sky STBs as it is
> really odd. My only course of action is to ask the customer to swap
> their Sky STB for another model. They only got this unit a couple of
> weeks ago and haven't been happy with it anyway.
>
> Steve

I'm still stumped by my new Pace DSR2000.  The remote has RC-18 in small
blue letters on the lower right front edge.  I'll check the lettering
inside the battery case.  I'm damn sure that lirc is picking up the
RC-30 file since when I do irsend LIST "" "" it shows the correct
remote.  The IR receive light on the decoder flashes too but it doesn't
respond.  I don't have a IR receiver I can run irrecord against.
I got my IR Blaster from www.irblaster.info and it worked flawlessly
with my current lirc setup with the Motorola STB.

Yep, you can borrow my remote, I'm heading away this weekend so that's
an ideal time for me if it suits you.  I'll have to teach my
programmable remote the essentials so the kids can watch Disney etc.
I'll drop you an email offline to arrange it.

Dave