[mythtvnz] EPG NZ howto - using the "nice" feed

Zane Gilmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 28 May 2007 21:54:14 +1200

Well after following these instructions I can no longer see any channels
at all :-/
However I can see the wonderful program guide in all it's glory but
there is absolutely no sign of anything on the TV side that looks like a
watchable channel.

When I try to watch TV all I get is static and when I try to change
channel initially I got a sort of title screen thingy stating I was
looking at Scooby Doo or whatever.

When I manually went thru all of the 40 odd channels from sky from that
free to air and set all of the non free ones to no video source then the
pop-up thing was empty it still refused to change channel or show any TV.

AFAICT the step (7) that you speak of and the channel numbers were the
Frequency channel numbers but it doesn't appear to be the case.

I am running a Hauppage PVR150. No Sky or digital or satellite.

I am now thinking that I am going to have to run that scan thing again
then manually attach the scanned channels with the XML.

Does this sound correct?

Zane

Nick Rout wrote:
<snip>
> 7. Go into mythweb (thats in your browser, go to
> http://yourmythbox/mythweb ) and then click on the settings button at
> the top of the page (yes the one with the spanner on it). Then follow
> the link to "MythTV channel info". There you should find a large table
> of channels - everything on SkyTV. You will see that the channum column
> is totally blank. This is the missing link. Go down there and put
> channel numbers in for the channels you want to see in the EPG. For
> example, I assigned channums 1, 2, 3 & 4 to TV1, TV2, TV3 and Prime. It
> seemed sensible to keep the channums the same as the ones Sky uses.
> Scroll right down to the bottom and click "Save". Now check that the
> channels are listed - in mythweb click "Listings" at the top left and
> you should see a table of the channels you just defined. They should now
> also be visible in mythtv
>
> 7-alternative: If mythweb doesn't work for you or you want to do it the
> other way, start mythtv-setup - see 2 above. Go to menu item 5 "Channel
> Editor". There should be a large list of channels. Arrow and/or
> PgUp/PgDown to get to the channel you want to see in the EPG and press
> "enter". In the screen that comes up enter a Channel Number in the space
> provided and hit "Next" then "Finish". This has the same effect as the
> mythweb way in 7 above. Repeat for other channels you want. Escape out of

<snip>