[mythtvnz] EPG NZ howto

Robert Fisher mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 27 May 2007 08:31:45 +1200

Nick Rout wrote:
> OK I got a listings.xml.gz from nice and gunzipped it, then ran:
>
> mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 -1 listings.xml
>
> But it said it skipped every channel as it had an unknown id

 From the wiki...

Setting up your EPG and Channels - a simple method which worked for me.
wget http://ontv.orcon.net.nz/listings.xml (or whatever listings.xml you
choose)
run "mythsetup" and delete all channels (previously manually setup)
run "mythfilldatabase --file 1 7 listings.xml --do_channel_updates"
(This puts in most of the channel info needed.)
run "mythsetup" again adding to the new channels Channel No., TV Format
and Frequency ID
Also we manually added channels for Sky and C4 which ar not in the ONTV epg.