[mythtvnz] Freeview dish set-up woes

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 20 May 2007 13:22:12 +1200

Hi,

I'm attempting to set-up a 75cm dish for Freeview with a Skystar2 card
and not having any luck. I've tried using the frequency listed for the
D1 on the Freeview site (12.469 GHz) and the one listed for Freeview on
the Lyngsat website (12.483). Whether I run the following in dvbtune.
Following the guide at pvr.geek.nz
(http://pvr.geek.nz/w/index.php/DVB-S_Setup) I subtracted 10.75 (my LNB
L.O) from both these and tried...

$ dvbtune -f 1733000 -s 22500 -p h -m

and

$ dvbtune -f 1719000 -s 22500 -p h -m

Both give this output:

Using DVB card "ST STV0299 DVB-S"
tuning DVB-S to L-Band:0, Pol:H Srate=22500000, 22kHz=off
ERROR setting tone
: Invalid argument
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS:
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_CARRIER
polling....

If I run the channel search in MythTV-Setup I get a signal strength
around 50% and a signal/noise ratio of around 45%. I've got two Skystar2
cards in my box so tried swapping to the second tuner and only got the
same results there. There are no intermediate connections between the
dish and the receiver card.

I bought a Satellite finder to test the cable in case there was
something wrong with the receiver. If I fire up dvbtuner as above the
meter just maxes out and squeals no matter where I point the dish?!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt