[mythtvnz] Finding a gap in the MythTV Scheduler

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 19 May 2007 12:40:25 +1200

On Sat, 19 May 2007 12:09:57 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Ok still going to borrow your brains if I may :)

You may borrow the 30% of it that's working this morning.

> Not coded python before and wondered if there is an easy way to do
> something like

Python is lurverly :)

> if ( upcoming[0].recstartts > NOW + 30mins )
>   print "TRUE";
> else
>   print "FALSE";
> fi
>
> IE I only want to run epgsnoop if there is a window of 30 mins between now
> and the next scheduled recording.

I think this should do what you want;

#!/usr/bin/python

from datetime import datetime, timedelta
from MythTV import MythTV

m = MythTV()

upcoming = m.getUpcomingRecordings()

print upcoming[0].title, upcoming[0].recstartts

if upcoming[0].recstartts > (datetime.now() + timedelta(minutes=30)):
        print True
else:
        print False

> The whole idea is to run epgsnoop for Sky + analogue channels in the middle
> of the night without locking the DVB tuner and causing backend issues.
>
> Steve

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz