[mythtvnz] TVNZ starts new channel for V8's

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 16 May 2007 20:42:14 +1200 (NZST)

We were talking about TV at work yesterday - this is a law office, not
full of geeks at all. One said she was canceling Sky because of the price
increase. The conversation led to freeview. Another said that "I heard it=
not really free" - alluding to something she heard on the radio about the
setup costs. I tried to counter that up by saying it was a one off price,
and no ongoing cost. No one was convinced until I pointed out that
everyone had shelled out a one off cost for their TV and weren't
complaining.

I think the general populace don't quite get it yet, but they will when
more stuff like the V8's happens.