[mythtvnz] Buying Hardware

Craig Whitmore mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 14 May 2007 23:39:37 +1200 (NZST)

I've been looking on the net for places in NZ to buy stuff and I picked 1
bit of hardware and compared prices. I presume the wholesale price maybe
around $100 or less for these so a retail price of $199 is a little big of
a disgrace for ppl selling it that high I think.

Moteck SG2100 Mover

$115.00 trademe (superjack)/ultrapower.co.nz )
$130.00 satnet.net.nz
$135.00 freeviewshop.co.nz
$176.00 freetv.co.nz
$176.00 www.electronicstuff.co.nz
$199.00 www.satmax.co.nz
$199.00 www.bioprotech.co.nz

As you can see there is a HUGE price difference just for 1 bit of hardware
and I (or do I) they all get them from the same place, or do they all
import them seperately? Any places ppl find the best or worse?

There doesn't really seem to be 1 place to go to in NZ for all this type
of information?

Does anyone else have a list of suppiers of hardware/information?

In the last 2 months, a large number of websites have popped up to sell
you freeview stuff

www.av1.co.nz
www.freeviewshop.co.nz
www.satnet.net.nz