[mythtvnz] New MythTV user

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 14 May 2007 17:01:28 +1200

Ed Haszard Morris wrote:

Hey there, I'm still collecting all the bits for my setup. I got a box
custom configured by a guy on TradeMe (was cheaper to have it built and
delivered than I could have bought the parts for on Ascent.co.nz so
wa-hey!).

> (3) Get some sort of remote up and going.  I mistakenly bought an OEM
> PVR-150 with no remote, so don't have anything to work with at the
> moment.  Any suggestions welcome.
Don't know if you're planning to upgrade your case in the near future
but some of the case deals come with a remote as well (e.g.
Silverstones). There's a good page somewhere on the LIRc project page
showing known supported devices. Probably be worth a look before you
shell out.

> Oh, I'm running Fedora FC6, and have followed Jarod's excellent guide
> at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/.
Yeah it's very thorough isn't it. I was going to head down this track as
we have a RHE9 server at work. I believe at one point it was recommended
over Ubuntu because of better support for setting up LVM partitions.
This doesn't seem to be the case anymore so I thought I'd give the
Ubuntu path a try.