[mythtvnz] Re: Skystar2 group order?

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 13 May 2007 19:17:11 +1200

------=_Part_212140_7143575.1179040631151

On 5/13/07, Matt Poff <matt.poff@headfirst.co.nz> wrote:

> Steve Hodge wrote:
> > On 5/13/07, *Craig Box* <craig@dubculture.co.nz
> > <mailto:craig@dubculture.co.nz>> wrote:
> >
> >     > ...are you remembering that if you are recording or viewing on one
> >     > transponder then you'll need another lnb and associated cable to
> >     > watch/record anything on another transponder.
> >
> >     *concurrently*.
> >
> > If even then you only need a second LNB if the polarity of the two
> > transponders are different. Otherwise you can split the output of a
> > single LNB.
> Makes sense. So how do the pre-built FreeView receivers manage recording
> and playback of channels on different transponders (or don't they?). Do
> they have a couple of multiplexing receivers in them?

Entry level models won't let you record or watch two channels
simultaneously, probably not even when they are on the same transponder.
Some devices will have two tuners and will therefore be able to record from
two transponders simultaneously, however generally these sorts of boxes have
two satellite inputs and it's up to the user to use a splitter or multiple
LNBs as they desire. I believe Sky's MySky box behaves this way.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve Hodge wrote:<br>&gt; On 5/13/07, *Craig Box* &lt;<a href="mailto:craig@dubculture.co.nz">craig@dubculture.co.nz</a><br>&gt; &lt;mailto:<a href="mailto:craig@dubculture.co.nz">craig@dubculture.co.nz</a>&gt;&gt; wrote: