[mythtvnz] Re: Skystar2 group order?

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 13 May 2007 15:45:50 +1200 (NZST)

On Sun, May 13, 2007 3:34 pm, Matt Poff wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> Also Martin who sells on TradeMe is the "official" importer for NZ.
>> Nothing grey markey about it.
>>
> He's excellent to deal with and I have just recently purchased a card o=
ff
> him. But this is where my original confusion stemmed from (and he has
> reiterated it). As I understand it I don't need more than one LNB or
> additional cabling/switching unless I have Sky...

That is correct. The reason for a Dual LNB is to get HPol(freeview) and
VPol(Sky) Signals at the same time.

Sky sent a fax to some of the larger installers to warn them of a switch
to HPol at the end of May, but that might get delayed.

Meanwhile once you have an LNB set to a Polarity you can get all signals
and aren't restricted to an LNB per transponder or channel.

We can now ship myPVR with a Skystar2 unit pre-installed and pre-configur=
ed.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz