Cases/PSUs etc (was Re: [mythtvnz] Skystar2 group order?)

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 11 May 2007 11:39:16 +1200 (NZST)

On Fri, May 11, 2007 10:27 am, Wade Maxfield wrote:
>>For what it's worth I got an Antec NSK2400 from OZDirect in well Oz,
>> arrived
>>after a few day's... very happy with it...
>>
>>http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3D37103
>>
>>Regards
>>Tim
>>

> I'm going to chime in and say I've got an NSK2400 as well (and a
> P180B - nice quiet case for the size).  Well chuffed with both.  If
> any one else is interested in Antec stuff, I've got a cash account
> with the NZ distributor (and happy to pass along savings to fellow
> Myth'ers)
>
>   - Wade

In a completely different direction, I recently got an ex-lease compaq
small form factor d530, with these specs: 2.4G Celeron, 2 PCI slots, one
AGP half height slot, built in Intel 865G video chipset, Gig ethernet,
512M Ram, CDROM drive, sata (2) and pata (2) headers, USB2 and no hard
drive for $265.00. (They retailed for $300 with a 40G pata drive that the=
kept and knocked $35 off). I have installed a 400G sata drive and my
PVR-150. I haven't yet seen a need to use the AGP slot, but its there if =
need it.

The box is very quiet, not totally, but at least as quiet as the M9000
Mini-itx box it replaced. It is black with a silver front, and small
(although bigger than the mini-itx).

So for those that have a budget but want something relatively smart and
quiet, this could be a good choice. I got it from the Computer Broker in
ChCh.

--=20
Nick Rout