[mythtvnz] Skystar2 group order?

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 9 May 2007 12:34:40 +1200 (NZST)

On Wed, May 9, 2007 11:05 am, Craig Whitmore wrote:

>> I have approached Technisat out of interest of selling them on our sit=
e,
>> they
>> referred me to the guy who sells them Trademe. He seems like a really
>> nice
>> guy but it wasn't worth it for us to purchase them through him. I coul=
>> get
>> them cheaper from dvbshop.
>>

> Yes. on dvbshop they cost $87 NZ + shipping so the $145 NZper unit is
> quite
> expensive.

Don't forget the customs clearance & GST.

> You could say get them in bulk maybe for ~$100NZ with shipping
> (and dvbshop is a retail shop ). (And they may not be the cheapest)
>
> Does the guy on trademe have a website? which he sells them off-trademe=
?

> Thanks

Costs when I bought one of 6 in a bulk order went like this:

6 Cards $448.78
Freight  $69.88
Clearance/GST $160.26

Total $678.92 or $113 each (although Howard seemed to charge me a few $
less than that for some reason - are you on here Howard, I'll buy you a
beer sometime!)

At that time, from the Euro costs I also have, it seems the exchange rate
was about 0.5404,  which isn't all that much different to today. (Don't
forget that the NZ$ is strong against the US$, but so is the Euro and the
Pound).

So, yes, it was cheaper than $145.00 - it depends on how long you want to
wait too. Also internal (NZ) shipping is a cost. The trademe guy charges
$9.50 so thats a total of $154.50, Whoever else imports them will need to
charge the other buyers the cost of getting them about the country (Howar=
didn't, thats another beer I owe him!)

--=20
Nick Rout