[mythtvnz] IRBlaster compatibility with Sky STBs

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 9 May 2007 07:57:00 +1200 (NZST)

> Robin Gilks wrote:

>>> I'm just using serial with a serial -> mono jack to use the IR units
>>> that
>>> come with the Hauppauge remote controls. Until this box no issues using
>>> the serial driver.
>>>

>> Certainly sounds like a carrier frequency issue or another session with
>> irrecord is required!! I had to use raw mode in the end for my Sony
>> amp...
>>

> The odd thing is I have a customer with the same irblaster settings and
> the same STB where it works with an IRBlaster from irblaster.info. The
> MCE compatible units that come with the Hauppauge remotes  don't work
> yet they are supposed to support the same frequencies. Wierd.

Just checked in lirc CVS and the frequency support was only added to the
mce unit on March 18 so it only appears so far in the 0.8.2-pre2 snapshot.
Might be worth an update of just the kernel module to see if it helps.

--
Robin Gilks