[mythtvnz] Freeview and Sky

Steven Ellis mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 3 May 2007 18:31:17 +1200 (NZST)

On Thu, May 3, 2007 6:08 pm, Tim, Donna & Erin Gibson wrote:
> We got rid of Sky two houses and about three years ago and to be honest=
 we
> don't miss it, yea sure Disney would be OK for our daughter but even
> though
> she's four she knows how to replay and replay and replay Little Einstei=
> or
> some other program we've recorded for her.
>
> Just looked and it's $47.73 I'm more than happy to spend on other thing=
's
> like
> DVD rentals with full AC3 sound and much better picture quality. oh han=
> on
> that's another $19.76 for the rerun movie channels or $7 for a 24 hour
> chance
> to see a movie, you can get 5 weekly hires for that...
>
> More than happy with MythTV and Freeview (but I do have C3 and B3 from
> satellite as well)...

B3 is kinda cool to show off, but I seldom watch anything.

It will be interesting to see what finally shows up on NSS5.

Out of interest are you watching C1 on MythTV or on an STB? If on Myth
what hardware do you use for the CAM?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven@openmedia.co.nz