[mythtvnz] Setting up for freeview - idiot's guide please

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 2 May 2007 23:27:31 +1200

------=_Part_8652_31336781.1178105251325

On 5/2/07, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:

> The standard agreement used for 95% (or more) of house sales in NZ is
> the form jointly promulgated by the NZ Law Society and the Real Estate
> Institute. The very latest version (8th edition 2006) does NOT include
> TV aerials in the list of chattels. The standard list is now "stove,
> fixed floor coverings, blinds, curtains, drapes & light fittings"
>
> Previous versions did list TV aerials. This is a hang over from the old
> analogue aerial that belonged to the householder and which it made sense
> to leave there.

Interesting. I hadn't realised there was a new edition (we bought about 18
months ago). I wonder why they took it out - people still have analogue
aerials.

It will pay to ask, clarify and record what you are told in the agreement.

Yes. It's the buyers responsibility, they can't really complain if they make
an assumption that turns out to be wrong.

Cheers,
Steve