[mythtvnz] Setting up for freeview - idiot's guide please

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 2 May 2007 18:17:28 +1200

------=_Part_4245_4297148.1178086648571

On 5/2/07, Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz> wrote:

> Hmmmm I just thought of an interesting perspective from a property
> lawyer's point of view. Sky aerials belong to Sky and Sky tells people
> to leave them installed when the homeowner moves on. This leads to an
> expectation that any satellite aerial will just stay. The buyer of the
> house never owns the Sky aerial, but they can use it for their own Sky
> connection. This must have helped Sky with penetration over the years.
>
> However as freeview becomes more prevalent a house buyer is going to
> have to ask "Is that aerial's Sky's, or yours, and if it's yours is it
> included in the price, or are you taking it down?"

It'll be listed on the contract just like all the other chattels. If fact
they're typically listed now, even though Sky retain ownership.

I see a Fair Go story...person buys house with settlement the night
> before the World Cup final. They move in and find what they thought was
> a sky aerial has gone. Naturally they are [disabled/can't leave the
> terminally sick relative/some other object of pity] and cannot watch it
> at the pub. The agent, who doesn't know a satellite aerial from a breach
> of contract has assured the buyer that they will be able to get Sky.

If the contract lists something as staying with the house and that thing is
gone then the sellers are in breach. The contract will detail the procedure
in those sorts of cases.

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_4245_4297148.1178086648571

terminally sick relative/some other object of pity] and cannot watch it<br>at the pub. The agent, who doesn&#39;t know a satellite aerial from a breach<br>of contract has assured the buyer that they will be able to get Sky.

------=_Part_4245_4297148.1178086648571--