[mythtvnz] Setting up for freeview - idiot's guide please

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 01 May 2007 16:42:48 +1200

>> Source?
>>
>> The stuff I'm hearing is Sky has Optus in a bind such that Optus are
>> pretty powerless to force them, and Sky no reason to move to H pol at
>> all as they just helps Freeview. Makes a lot of sense given they will
>> fight with everything they have to reduce Freeview's impact.

 From the freeview website.....
Note: SKY is switching to Horizontal polarity in the near future
(currently believed to be May '07). This issue will then go away and
both the Freeview receiver and the Sky receiver can be left on while the
other is operating.