[mythtvnz] Re: Twinhan satellite cards

sam@samborambo.ws mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:57:24 -0400

I've had a Twinhan card for almost a year now with no major problems=2E
Remember that you can't use these alongside other bt8x8 chipset analogue
cards as apparently there's a conflict=2E Those cards used to be a bit
cheaper on Pricespy (mine was $100 I think) but I guess the e-tailers
stopped importing them=2E Perhaps skystar cards have a higher signal gain =
-
meaning a smaller dish or less rain fade=2E This may not be an issue now t=
hat
I believe Optus D1 has a stronger transmission than B1=2E

That all said, my current flat hasn't got a dish so I haven't used it in 6=

months=2E I'm dead keen to get it up and running this week though=2E

If you end up buying a Twinhan, I'll help you out with the config if you
need it=2E It's fairly straightforward=2E

Cheers,

Sam=2E

Original Message:
-----------------
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:00:05 +1200
From: "Craig Box" <craig@itpartners=2Eco=2Enz>
To: <mythtvnz@lists=2Elinuxnut=2Eco=2Enz>
Subject: [mythtvnz] Twinhan satellite cards

I have decided it's time to buy a DVB-S card=2E

http://www=2Etrademe=2Eco=2Enz/Electronics-photography/TVs/Other/auction-9=
8082
053=2Ehtm=3Fp=3D3D5

$20 less than a SkyStar 2 (an importer is selling them for $145 on Trade
Me)=2E  Anyone got a good experience=3F  Should I consider one of these
cards, or just buy the Skystar=3F

Craig

mail2web=2Ecom =96 What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you=3F
http://link=2Email2web=2Ecom/Business/SharePoint