[mythtvnz] tv_grab_nz-nice xmltv grabber

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:47:56 +1200

Hi all,

The next release of MythTV will support the new xmltv capabilities
functionality. Basically this means that instead of having all the xmltv
grabbers hard coded into mythfilldatabase, it can make use of any compliant
grabber in the users PATH.

So... I've been working on a grabber to use in New Zealand. It's called
tv_grab_nz-nice

It's designed to work with the data output by epgsnoop (e.g. hairy.geek.nz)
but should work with any xmltv data. It will also try a list of different
hosts in order in case one isn't responding. One idea here would be to get a
few mirrors going and randomise the order.

I'm doing a bit of testing with it at the moment and will put it up on my site
at some stage soon. If anyone is running MythTV trunk and would like to help
test it or just have a look then feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers,

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz