[mythtvnz] Unable to tune to DVB-S channels

Neil Bertram mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:27:54 +1200

Steven Ellis wrote:
> *snip*
> Now you have fixed the DB - Rescan the channels to make sure they are
> mapped to the correct mplex.

They are, that was one of the things I corrected. I removed all the
other mplex entries anyway.

In the verbose debugging of mythbackend I see it claim to get a lock,
read the correct PMT PID for the channel and dump out the available
video and audio streams for the channel (it calls it the PMT table) and
it selects the correct audio and video PID for the channel (0x200 and
0x28a for TVNZ WIDE), claims it's asking the Skystar to set a hardware
PID filter for those values, then nothing further comes out until I try
to change channels etc.

I really think it should be working, but something is claiming that the
lock isn't complete, even though mythbackend seems to think it is.

Seems this isn't a common problem, so I might try grabbing the SVN trunk
and building that to see if it helps issues. I'm just using the binaries
available from the debian-multimedia.org repository on a debian system
currently.

Neil