[mythtvnz] MythBox won't show satellite images

Daniel McKenzie mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:33:08 +1200

<head>
</head>
I've been having my MythBox work fine for me for over a month now,
despite not being able to watch channels of the FreeView transponders,
I found them, somewhere (I think they are coming off the Sky ones or
something). Yesterday I came back home to realise that Rude Awakenings
wasn't recording and the MythBox froze up. I restarted and Rude
Awakenings still wasn't picking up anything, I thought to fudge it as
I'd pick it up off TVNZ onDemand later. I then tried to watch the news,
only to find that only 23 minutes was recorded.<br>
I didn't think much of it, until today when I tried watching TV, the
EIT data is there, it has a Lock yet I just get a blank screen, and
MythTV happily tells me it couldn't show the video. I tried watching
other recordings, and they ran fine. Annoyed, I tried picking up the
channels again, still now avail.<br>
I then tried my old shell scripts which picked up the FreeView
channels, and they all worked fine.<br>
Somewhat annoyed by this stage, I removed everything from mythtv-setup
and started again. I set up my Video Input to the DVB card (I have a
SkyStar 2), and then went to DiSeQC, pressed Enter, selected LNB,
changed it to Custom, Universal (Voltage and Tone), 1, 11300, 11300.
Finish. Went through the rest, then tried scanning channels, where it
would unusally just not do anything at all (the scanning progress
dialog would appear for a split second then disappear). I went back to
DiSEQC, and found that it was Unconnected again. So I reset it all up,
tried scanning. Still problems, and found that it was still saying
(Unconnected).<br>
What's happening here? Any help short of "Wipe everything and start
again" would be great.<br>
Daniel<br>