[mythtvnz] MythtTV, where should recorded files go for the uPNP feature?

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:21:43 +1200

As an alternative, if you want to make your videos (as opposed to
recorded programmes) available via uPnP you can install and run
twonkymedia (15 Eur when I bought a license) or djmount (open source).
(http://djmount.sf.net).

I did this for a while and connected to them via geexbox's upnp client.
However I eventually realised that it was easier to export the videos
directory via samba and use geexbox's samba support.

Of course you won't get some of the commercial set top boxes to
recognise every codec and format that you happen to have video files in.
Geexbox, which uses mplayer, is far more flexible in that way.