[mythtvnz] Time out by one hour

Toby Mills mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:27:28 +1200

>FreeView aren't supporting PVR devices at this stage and require STB
>vendors to disable EIT based EPG software for their FreeView
>certification.

Excellent, that would be right wouldn't it.
'lets have digital TV in NZ, but lets hobnail it so its only really
analog TV with a better picture'

they already have in place the infrastructure for EIT.
most settop boxes already support it.

but instead they choose MHEG which is more difficult to work with and
less useful for a digital platform.

 From what you are saying, i think it is quite conceivable that we find
the EPG data for TVNZ disappears at some point after freeview goes live.
The question is? will Sky still carry tv1, 2 and 3 after freeview launches?
If they do, we may be ok, if they don't we will be up the creek without
an EPG source and back to screen scraping territory.

Does anyone know what will happen on this front?
Who is making these stupid decisions and who do we write to?

Cheers
Toby