[mythtvnz] TVNZ Are dropping DW, CCTV9 and Bloomberg on 16 March

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:08:58 +1300

------=_Part_12852_19888167.1173247738590

On 3/7/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:

> Well its hard to complain about loosing something we were getting for
> free, but it would have been nice for them to stay as fillers until "real"
> channels appear.
>
> Take a look at http://freeviewnz.tv and you will see that they haven't
> exactly signed up a lot of broadcasters yet.

Yes, it is a little surprising. I'd have thought they'd have wanted to give
people every incentive to adopt FreeView and then worried about whose
getting paid what when the viewer numbers were significant.

Cheers,
Steve