New XMLTVID stuff (was Re: [mythtvnz] Warning- XMLTV ID class - Sky Movie Greats and TV One)

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:26:48 +1200

------=_Part_40375_25599793.1182925608251

On 6/27/07, Hadley Rich <hads@nice.net.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:36:05 Steve Hodge wrote:
> > On 6/27/07, Hadley Rich <hads@nice.net.nz> wrote:
> > > Steve; regarding this, I'm not sure. The actual video of the different
> > > feeds
> > > is the same so I think the XMLTVID should be tv1.co.nz. If people want
> > > use
> > > the EPG data off the freeview transponder rather than the Sky one then
> > > they
> > > can grab it themselves with epgsnoop. If there's major demand then a
> data
> > > file from the freeview source could be arranged to be downloadable.
> >
> > I think I'd prefer Steve's suggestion. To me it makes sense to have the
> > XMLTVID reflect where the data came from. And it means that should Sky
> one
> > day start showing a slightly different schedule we'll be prepared.
>
> Fair enough, I was under the impression that the XMLTVID was related to
> the
> channel itself rather than where the EPG data came from. I guess it
> doesn't
> really matter and I don't know where I got that impression.

Well I certainly don't have anything official to base my opinion on - it
just what I think makes sense.

Besides that, I don't see how Sky could show TV2 with a slightly different
> schedule and still call it TV2? :)

It's pretty common with affiliates in the US, from what I gather. Even in
Australia different states will have slightly different programming for the
major networks (i.e. Nine will go to news in the Northern Territory at a
different time than they do in NSW, and often cricket will not be available
live to the state/city where the game is being played). Over here it's only
been done with advertising, AFAIK, but I think regional variations were
mentioned once or twice in the Freeview discussions.

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_40375_25599793.1182925608251

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 16:36:05 Steve Hodge wrote:<br>&gt; On 6/27/07, Hadley Rich &lt;<a href="mailto:hads@nice.net.nz">hads@nice.net.nz</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; &gt; Steve; regarding this, I&#39;m not sure. The actual video of the different
i.e. Nine will go to news in the Northern Territory at a different time than they do in NSW, and often cricket will not be available live to the state/city where the game is being played). Over here it&#39;s only been done with advertising, AFAIK, but I think regional variations were mentioned once or twice in the Freeview discussions.

------=_Part_40375_25599793.1182925608251--