New XMLTVID stuff (was Re: [mythtvnz] Warning- XMLTV ID class - Sky Movie Greats and TV One)

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:59:45 +1200

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:41:29 Steven Ellis wrote:
> Steve Hodge wrote:
> > I guess it's time to switch to more descriptive ids as Hads proposed
> > last week.
>
> Kinda looking like a really good idea.

This is the proposed XMLTVID scheme that I've come up with so far;

http://nice.net.nz/epg/channels.conf.test

Anyone have any thoughts? Additions?

I'm incorporating the new XMLTVID stuff into the new version of epgsnoop
(maybe this will hurry me up :)

I'm sure I can whip up a script to convert from the old id's to new as well.

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:59:38 Steven Ellis wrote:
> This would be good, except I'd suggest
>
> 1031.dvb.guide -> tv1.sky.co.nz
> 1035.dvb.guide -> tv1.freeview.tv
>
> There are some noticable EPG differences at present, and it allows for the
> selection of a preferred feed.

Steve; regarding this, I'm not sure. The actual video of the different feeds
is the same so I think the XMLTVID should be tv1.co.nz. If people want to use
the EPG data off the freeview transponder rather than the Sky one then they
can grab it themselves with epgsnoop. If there's major demand then a data
file from the freeview source could be arranged to be downloadable.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier