[mythtvnz] Serial IR reciever Skystar 2 - lirc compatable

Phil Bertram mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:46:35 +1200

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 9:25 am, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Phil Bertram wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have  just purchased a Skystar 2 DVB-S card.
> > The card comes with a remote and serial IR reciever.
> >
> > The remote has a valid lircd.conf but I can not seem to get lirc working.
> > I'm sure I have set all the permissions correctly. Following the
> > instructions in the docs carefully.
> > I have also compiled and tried many the other drivers that talk directly
> > to /dev/ttyS0 with no luck.
> >
> > $ irw
> > Jun 15 11:32:28 pb lircd: lircd(serial) ready
> > Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
> > Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: could not open /dev/lirc
> > Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: default_init(): No such device
> > Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: caught signal
> >

> > Has anyone on the list got this reciever working with lirc ?
> > Or, are my problems related to simple lack of support for this device in
> > lirc.
>
> What distro are you using?
Debian (Etch)

> I've played with this and not had an issue getting them going. I'll see
> if I can dig out a config.
OK. The serial reciever that came with my Skystar2 card is purple in colour.
I'll assume it's the same one that you have played with and had success.
I'll have another go, starting at the beginning.