[mythtvnz] Serial IR reciever Skystar 2 - lirc compatable

Phil Bertram mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:43:55 +1200

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 9:31 am, David Shepherd wrote:
> Duncan Kennington wrote:
> > On 27/06/07, Phil Bertram <phil.bertram@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> >> The remote has a valid lircd.conf but I can not seem to get lirc
> >> working. I'm
> >> sure I have set all the permissions correctly. Following the
> >> instructions in
> >> the docs carefully.
> >> I have also compiled and tried many the other drivers that talk directly
> >> to /dev/ttyS0 with no luck.
> >>
> >> $ irw
> >> Jun 15 11:32:28 pb lircd: lircd(serial) ready
> >> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
> >> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: could not open /dev/lirc
> >> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: default_init(): No such device
> >> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: caught signal
> >>

> >> Has anyone on the list got this reciever working with lirc ?
> >> Or, are my problems related to simple lack of support for this device
> >> in lirc.
> >
> > I don't have one of these units, but remember seeing this behaviour
> > while trying to get LIRC going - what is /dev/lirc linked to (if
> > anything), and what are the permissions and owner/group on the linked
> > device?
I'm confident /dev/lirc and /dev/lircd are readable and writable

> > Mine is
> >
> > crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 61, 0 Nov 27  2005 /dev/lirc
> >
> > If that helps.  It is still entirely possible that it is a driver
> > issue, but it pays to check the easy stuff!
>
> I had a similar problem (I think) and I solved it by adding a
> "setserial" command to the /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh (although there's
> probably a better place to add it)
> See http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc8.5
Yup. When compiling lircd drivers, the make script detects that serial drivers
are compiled into the kernel and suggests a setserial command which I ran