[mythtvnz] Serial IR reciever Skystar 2 - lirc compatable

Duncan Kennington mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 08:34:43 +1200

On 27/06/07, Phil Bertram <phil.bertram@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> The remote has a valid lircd.conf but I can not seem to get lirc working. I'm
> sure I have set all the permissions correctly. Following the instructions in
> the docs carefully.
> I have also compiled and tried many the other drivers that talk directly
> to /dev/ttyS0 with no luck.
>
> $ irw
> Jun 15 11:32:28 pb lircd: lircd(serial) ready
> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: could not open /dev/lirc
> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: default_init(): No such device
> Jun 15 11:32:32 pb lircd: caught signal
>

> Has anyone on the list got this reciever working with lirc ?
> Or, are my problems related to simple lack of support for this device in lirc.

I don't have one of these units, but remember seeing this behaviour
while trying to get LIRC going - what is /dev/lirc linked to (if
anything), and what are the permissions and owner/group on the linked
device?

Mine is

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 61, 0 Nov 27  2005 /dev/lirc

If that helps.  It is still entirely possible that it is a driver
issue, but it pays to check the easy stuff!