[mythtvnz] Changing Channels on Sky Decoder

Robin Gilks mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 23:43:27 +1200 (NZST)

>> Hi there.
>>
>> Has anyone been able to change Channels via the serial port (instead of
>> having to use an IRBlaster to the Sky Decoder) as someone asked ages ago
>> on
>> the mythtv mailing list?
>>
>> See:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2005-August/100700.html
>
> My Decoder is a Motorola DTH320-4 decoder which I cannot find any kind of
> manual online (others I can find)
>
> Thanks

Not sure if by serial port you mean a direct serial connection to your STB
or an IR blaster on the serial port so...

Do you have a working remote control for it? If so then as I did, made a
serial IR receiver from a Dick Smith IR RX chip and put it on the serial
port and used irrecord to capture the codes on the remote. Plonk them into
the lircd.conf as a separate block to your existing remote that you use to
control Myth and away you go!

If you *DO* mean a direct serial connection then I doubt that information
is out in the wild.

--
Robin Gilks