[mythtvnz] Video Out Options

Nick Rout mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:46:16 +1200

Rama Madhusudhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that lot of people use Hauppauge's wintv-pvr-150 for video
> capture, what do people use for video out? Why not Hauppauge's
> wintv-pvr-350 which has video out?
>
> Thanks,
> Rama.

Thats certainly a possibility, but most nvidia cards these days also
have TV out, and many modern TV's are moving to new technologies. My TV
is an LCD and has a VGA input as well as the other usual suspects (HDMI,
component, s-video and composite).

PVR 350's are quite expensive, as well as being analogue in an age when
NZ is (finally) moving to digital TV via freeview.

With TV out xvmc capable nVidia cards being relatively cheap, a better
solution is a sat card for input and an nvidia card for output (IMHO).