[mythtvnz] PVR 150 recording volume

Simon Green mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:23:56 +1200

On 23/06/07, Steven Ellis <steven@openmedia.co.nz> wrote:
> 1. Where are you.

Hamilton City.

> 2. Which channels have crap reception, or is it all of them?

All of them. Prime is worst, C4 is best. Others are different levels
of in between.

> 3. Any idea which transmitter you are using?

Raru for Canwest, Te Aroha for the other channels. I'm in an apartment
and thus we have a communal tv feed for the whole apartment. When
DVB-T starts next year, I'll be getting a card for DVB-T transmission
(my HD tv will appreciate me for that :-)

In the meantime, I'll put up with what I've got. Don't think it is
worth either getting my own vhf/uhf TV aerial[1], or going with DVT-S
freeview (installing a dish and card) or free-to-air sky digital in
the meantime.

I know when DVB-T comes out, I'll need to get a UHF aerial installed.
Have talked to my body corporate, and their are no issues with
installing our own aerial.

  -- simon

[1] since that won't give perfect reception