[mythtvnz] Re organising EPG

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 15:51:34 +1200

------=_Part_1591_11560226.1180669894904

On 6/1/07, Noel & Di <noel@igrin.co.nz> wrote:

> How do I alter the order channles appear in EPG ? ie TV 1 at the top, TV
> 2 etc... Can I change the chan-num to get them in order, or will that
> upset the card? (Technisat 2 DVB-S and R5F1)

You can change channum. It's a purely MythTV thing - it's the number you
assign and use to select the channel. DVB channels use mplexid and serviceid
to actually tune the channel. Don't mess with those unless you know what you
are doing. Similarly tuner cards use freqid to tune the channel (i.e. you
type in the channum and MythTV sends the corresponding freqid to the tuner
card).

Cheers,
Steve