[mythtvnz] Suggestions for a MythTV Box

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:42:22 +1200

--=-EeUG0yWKzI+4eoX2NZ5h

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 15:17 +1200, Criggie wrote:
> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> > 100GB will record about 45 hours of footage with my current settings.
>=20
> Yes - will DVB use disk space faster or slower than an analogue recording=
?

I'm storing them as MPEG2, but at a lower resolution, so DVB (also
MPEG2) will probably consume the space faster.

> And after your mythbox has been running a year or so you end up with many
> Gb of exported recordings to save... I have 95 Gb on the main server, of
> which 40 Gb is kids programs, and another 40 Gb is kids movies.

Ah, we've been ruthless.  The stuff we want to keep goes on DVDs.  And
there isn't much of that.

--=20
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz       |  This space intentionally