[mythtvnz] Suggestions for a MythTV Box

Andrew Ruthven mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:55:22 +1200

--=-aKKut94g4h4tQ8dTdd57

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 14:37 +1200, Criggie wrote:
> Craig Whitmore wrote:
> > Seagate Single 250Gb 7200rpm SATA 3Gb/s 8Mb cache

> All sounds quite loverly...  you will find the hard drive too small in a
> few months.  Everything else has masses of headroom...

And to think I only have 100GB dedicated to MythTV.  And I've just
increased from 75GB...

100GB will record about 45 hours of footage with my current settings.
We've only had the auto-expire kick in a couple of times...  Now we
disable auto-expire for the shows we want to keep.  It'd be handy if
there were multiple auto-expire prority settings.

Cheers!

--=20
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew@etc.gen.nz       |  This space intentionally