[mythtvnz] Suggestions for a MythTV Box

Matt Poff mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:35:11 +1200

Well I've recently built a system with the Silverstone SST-LC16M and so
far so good. Running the Ubuntu Feisty distro support for the VFD
display, remote and on-board buttons pretty much worked out of the box
(although some of the lircd.conf files for the iMon remote didn't work
for me and the command-line button mapping tools (specifically irrecord)
recorded incorrect values to file occasionally so I had to manually edit
the file while viewing button press data with another app (name escapes
me). I don't believe the multi-directional pad on the remote is
supported yet but there are hacks to make it behave as a standard 4-way
navigator (haven't got this going yet).

One thing I haven't sorted yet is getting variable speed out of the two
case fans. They've got three wires coming out of them and, according to
an email I got back from Silverstone, are supposed to be variable speed
but I can't seem to control them. The motherboard (Asus K9-F) has three
variable speed fan controllers so it should work. The CPU fan is
detected and controllable so it's a mystery.

The CD eject button on the face doesn't align very well with my DVD
drive but this is probably fixable with some tinkering. The case is
solid and smart looking. Haven't used the various Flash Card reader
slots so can't comment there.