[mythtvnz] Re: Conflicting voltage / signal on the same coax

Hadley Rich mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:33:38 +1200

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:29:17 Steve Hodge wrote:
> All-ports-power-pass splitters are designed for this though. Are you saying
> you know for sure that they have problems with more than one output driving
> the polarisation signal?
>
> I see your point with the 22kHz tone. I hadn't thought about it because I
> don't have a universal LNB (or one of those multi-satellite Sky ones). But
> again, I expect the splitter to be designed to handle it without causing
> damage to equipment. My splitter is labelled "two tap, 5-2500MHz", which I
> assume means that the "tap" outputs won't pass the 22kHz tone.

My is a 4 way all ports power pass with a Sky box and two DVB-S cards plugged
into it currently, it seems to work fine.

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's VoIP supplier