[mythtvnz] Lurker in the midst.....

Steve Hodge mythtvnz@lists.linuxnut.co.nz
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:43:35 +1200

------=_Part_54626_16265571.1185849815398

On 7/31/07, Barry Clearwater <barryc@bcsystems.co.nz> wrote:

> I want to take a video from my VCR and digitise it through my Hauppauge
> 350, which of course has an svideo input. I have a composite to svideo
> cable (maybe its the other way around?)
> How do I set up an input which has no channel? I need the steps
> outlined, as each time I go to do this I get interrupted or hit a brick
> wall somewhere.

This comes up fairly frequently on the main Myth users mailing list, so
you're not alone. The most common suggestion is to not use Myth for this, as
it's not really designed for it. With a PVR-x50 you can just copy the output
of the video device to a file, i.e. cat /dev/video0 > recording.mpg. If you
want to view it in Myth, you can use MythVideo. However you can also use
Myth to make the recording if you want to. Instructions can be found in the
wiki: http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/S-Video/Composite_Input_Recording

Cheers,
Steve

------=_Part_54626_16265571.1185849815398

i.e. cat /dev/video0 &gt; recording.mpg. If you want to view it in Myth, you can use MythVideo. However you can also use Myth to make the recording if you want to. Instructions can be found in the wiki: <a href="http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/S-Video/Composite_Input_Recording">

------=_Part_54626_16265571.1185849815398--